The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Monday, January 28, 2013

A Shout Out to Cindy

One of my favorite foods in the whole world is....drum roll please....KALE!  Yep, that's right, kale!  Sometimes it is hard to find really pretty fresh kale.  All my family knows how much I love it so today Cindy saw some really nice kale in the grocery store and bought me a bunch.  When she dropped it by after picking up Lindsay from school (I live right by the schools), I was very excited.  Thank you Cindy for my delicious dinner!

Funny story and it is true.  When Chad became old enough to get a job, they were opening a new Chick-Fil-A in Grapevine.  I allowed him to work there since they gave him Wednesday nights off for church and they were closed on Sundays.  One day the owner sent him to the store to get some fresh kale for their displays.  The owner, wanting to make sure Chad knew what to buy, was really explaining it to him.  Chad told him that he knew what it was and that he loved it and ate it all the time.  The owner actually thought Chad was being a smart-aleck and that one didn't eat kale.  The next time we had it, Chad took some to his boss who refused to even taste it!  I wonder if Chad ever told him so what, his mom doesn't eat chicken!

Cindy being goofy somewhere in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment