The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Personal Rant

If you know me, you probably know I have a number of health issues, most of them incurable.  I was born with a messed up body that is full of auto-immune diseases.  Most of the time I handle them well and I live a rather normal life.  In fact many people who see me on a regular basis have been shocked the few times I have been hospitalized facing death, saying they had no idea I had health issues.  And that is good, I like it that way.

So what is my rant?  My very favorite time of the year is Thanksgiving through Christmas.  And I simply cannot understand why that is always the time of year I have a flare of at least one of these irritating diseases.  I started being extremely tired the week before Thanksgiving.  I spent all of last week sick and based on the way I feel this morning, this week is not looking much better.  So okay God, okay body, it is time to see some improvement here.  I have things I need to do but more importantly I have things I want to do.  And it is hard to do anything when you are too tired to put one foot in front of the other, your body aches from head to toe and you drop everything because your finger joints are so sore and swollen.  Having a bad digestive system, parts of it removed, doesn't help either!  All I want is to feel good.  Is that too much to ask?  Evidently it is.

Okay, I have ranted.  At least I feel better emotionally now!

No comments:

Post a Comment