The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cindy at 8 Months

I quickly learned one thing about my 8-month-old baby when I took her from Las Vegas, Nevada to visit relatives in Indiana for the first time.  She didn't like to have her picture taken in a strange place with strange people!  This was the only picture where she looked scared.  It took her a few days to warm up to everyone except my dad.  After the flight from Las Vegas to Indianapolis Steve and I were both ready to head to the restroom.  Dad met us at the plane.  Cindy was sound asleep.  Without giving it a thought I just handed her to him and Steve and I headed to the restrooms.  Once in the restroom, it hit me that I had just handed my sleeping baby to a total stranger (to her)!  I hurried as quickly as I could to get out of there just knowing she would be crying in a panic.  Imagine my surprise when I walked out and saw her wide awake with her head laying on Dad's shoulder and she was patting his face.  From that moment until the day he died he was her best friend.

Does anyone remember Grants Department Store?  My mom had this picture taken there.

No comments:

Post a Comment