The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Thursday, March 6, 2014

THANK YOU GRANDMA

Happy Birthday to my grandma in Heaven. I loved and adored my grandma so much. She was one of the greatest influences on my life. I grew up next door to her and she taught me so much about the everyday things of life like how to cook, how to iron, how to can, etc. But more importantly she showed me how to live by faith. The faith I saw in her as a child has carried me through so many rough spots in my life. When I was paralyzed from the waist down in a US Air Force hospital in New Mexico I lay in the bed thinking about the faith I had seen in her. When the doctors told us there was nothing else they knew to do for our daughter who was terribly sick and in a coma, I thought back to that faith as I prayed. I could list similar instances all day long. I am so thankful God allowed Leatha Evelyn Quillen Hawkins to be my grandmother!

Grandma Hawkins pictured here with her baby boy Morris Eugene. He died in their home on his 4th birthday. She always said that if God could see her through that, he could see her through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment