The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Grandma Hawkins Birthday

Today would have been Grandma Hawkins birthday.  I have been trying to locate her date of birth but haven't found it yet today.  I loved growing up next door to her and miss her still.  I often think how much she would have enjoyed my grandchildren.  Some of my favorite memories are of sitting in her porch swing with her while she regaled me with stories of her childhood.  She was so excited when the Corps of Engineers put in Lake Monroe and made her old homestead into a recreation center.  I remember picnicing with her under the 'Twin Oaks' as she told about playing there with her sisters and brother as a youngster.  Miss you, Grandma, you taught me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment