The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Monday, November 11, 2013

Did This Picture Save My Life?

Dustin, this month's birthday boy, as a newborn.

When Dustin was 6 weeks old I was sitting in the chair one evening giving him a bottle.  Suddenly I became very sick and ended up in the hospital.  I was hospitalized four times in the first three months of 1993 and at times they didn't know what else to do for me.  One day when the doctor came into my room my girls were there.  He looked at them and said, "Get a picture of that baby in here," and he pointed to my bedside table. He continued to say, "She needs a reason to live."  Later that day this picture of new baby Dustin was sitting in a frame on said bedside table.  I sometimes tell Dustin that not only was he the one who made me a grandma, in some ways he probably saved my life.  Hard to believe this picture was taken 21 years ago! Happy Birthday week Dustin.  We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment