The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Grandkids!!

Grandkids, you gotta love 'em!  Even though sometimes you want to wring their necks!!  We are supposed to be picking Carlos up at his school everyday this week and next at 4:45.  He wants to run track and needs a ride home after practice.  No problem; it's out of the way but that's okay.  So yesterday Chad calls and says, "Carlos forgot he has a meet today so don't go to get him we will pick him up after the meet."  Great, no problem and one less trip to Bedford and then Euless.  Today we are 3/4 of the way to his school about 30 minutes before pick-up time.  My cell phone rings and the caller ID says it is Chad.  When I answer he says, "Seems Carlos forget practice was cancelled today.  He's already home."

I think Carlos has a problem with his memory or sense of responsibility.  I think he and grandma are about to have a conversation on his sense of responsiblility or he may get a lesson in such when he has to walk home!  I hate how irresponsible some kids are today and I do not intend for my grandson to be one, no matter how he has to learn that lesson!  After all, he's not a baby.  He's in the 7th grade!



No comments:

Post a Comment