The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Samantha Loved The Opry

Samantha's trip to the Opry was a hit!  She loved the whole experience from riding to the second floor in the elevator to the music and visiting with the "stars."  I wish I'd taken my camera.  We sat in the balcony and she stood at the railing part of the time singing right along with whom ever was on stage.  She sat next to one of the performer's husband and enjoyed him chatting with her about music and his girls.  When Cathy came to visit with us during intermission and brought us some CDs, Samantha felt very important.  They will be taping some RFD-TV shows there next month and I hope I can take her for a little of it.  Too bad she will be in school those days.  Taping goes till 7 pm so we might make a little of it.  I know she would be fascinated by that.
The Grapevine Opry/Palace Theatre in Downtown Grapevine.  One of my favorite things about Grapevine is how well we preserve our buildings and history here.  I believe the theatre was built in the 1940s.

No comments:

Post a Comment