The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

1940s HELEN AND MARY

This is a picture I found the other day. This is my mother on the left and my Aunt Mary on the right. This was taken in the 1940s while my dad and my Uncle Kelsie were away in the war. Mom and Mary enjoyed being together and Mary loved going to Guthrie to spend time at Grandma and Grandpa Hawkins house. This was taken in their backyard with the old wash house in the background. Years later my sister, cousins and I loved playing in that wash house. I also remember church services being held there occasionally. When I was a little girl my parents bought that lot, tore down the old wash house and built a home there. Precious memories!


Helen Hawkins (Sowders) and Mary Walters (Hawkins)
Guthrie, Indiana

No comments:

Post a Comment