The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Monday, May 11, 2015

GOODBYE TO FLORENCE

We lost a dear friend last evening. I always called Florence Childers my 'other mother' because I spent so much time at her house when I was young. Since I have lived in Texas we communicated over the years with cards, letters, and phone calls. Whenever I would be in Indiana I would go to her house for a meal. She always made my favorite - goulash! She usually made me an oatmeal cake, another favorite, too. My kids and grandkids knew that if we went to Indiana there would be a trip to Florence's house, that would be a given. My heart breaks for her five children as I know what it is to lose your mother. Here husband died when her children were ages 11 to 3 months old. Not only did she do a great job raising them to be great citizens and Christians, she always allowed others of us to tag along. We will miss you, Florence, but we know you have gone to a place of peace and joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment