The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Friday, March 20, 2015

THINKING OF GRANDMA

I am thinking of my Grandma Sowders today and how much I miss her after all these years. I spent a lot of time at her house as I have an aunt only fourteen months older than me. I loved sleepovers with my Aunt Sue at grandma's house. I know there must have been times when we almost drove her crazy!

After I married and lived in New Mexico she rode a Greyhound bus from Indiana to New Mexico to be with me when my first child, Cindy, was born. I was so thankful to have her there as I ended up very sick and paralyzed from the waist down for a period of time. I was so weak when I was finally released from the hospital I don't know how I would have made it without her. She loved seeing New Mexico and I believe that trip was one of the highlights of her life.

In her later years she moved into town and my children and I would take her places and visit with her often. All three of my children enjoyed her very much. I wish we could celebrate her birthday with her one more time. Now she celebrates in Heaven and we can see her again someday. Happy Birthday Granny.

Christy and Cindy with Granny, December 1975.

No comments:

Post a Comment