The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Excitement and Dread

As you all know by now, Lauren will be graduating from Grapevine High School in a few weeks.  I am looking forward to that evening with excitement and dread.  As with Dustin's graduation, I will be crying when Lauren walks in to take her seat.  In fact I am getting teary-eyed just typing this.  My mom loved her great-grandkids so much and being with them is why she did so well after her massive stroke.  She was so proud of them and felt they had bright futures.  And wouldn't you know it, they graduate right at her birthday.      I can just hear her saying that watching them graduate is the best birthday present she could ever get.  Her birthday is June 7.  Look at the date on this ticket!  When Dustin walked in two years ago and I started bawling Lauren was sitting across the aisle from me.  She looked at me and chuckled.  I mouthed to her, "Just wait your turn is coming."  Now it is her turn and I will have to pack a load of tissues in my purse again.


Lauren, Mam-mam would be so proud of you graduating #13 out of over 500 students.

No comments:

Post a Comment