The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Monday, October 15, 2012

Love The Things Samantha Says

Today after church I was eating lunch with Chad, Mary, Carlos, Isabell, and Samantha.  The kids had just gotten report cards and Carlos was talking about Spanish and his grade in that class.  Samantha, sitting across the table from me, looked up at me and said, "Grandma, I didn't get all hundreds but I passed everything."  Since she is an excellent student and won the Principal's Award I was curious about the "passed everything" part of her remarks.  But she quickly continued on with, "You don't pass if you get lower than 60."  Now she is really getting my curiosity up so I said, "Well as long as you passed everything that's okay."  Chad clued me in when he said, "Yes, little Miss 3 grades that weren't 100 (they get lots of grades in the 2nd grade), a 99, 98, and 97 aren't too bad."  What made it so cute was her being so serious about it.  She really wanted to reassure me that she had passed everything!

At the Tarrant County College Library

1 comment:

  1. Oops! Not today after church, yesterday after church. Forgot it is 2:30 AM. I slept my hour and a half from 10:30 to Midnight.

    ReplyDelete