The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The American Flag - My Rant!

I just saw a gentleman from a VFW post in Minnesota on the news.  The VFW has hung a flag on a bridge in their town for the last 8 years.  They were recently told they had to take it down.  In his phone call from the city he was told, "If we leave it there, what happens when someone wants to hang the Iraian flag there?"  Now that the city is being questioned they are saying, "Oh no, it is a safety issue."  Now I ask you why wasn't it a safety issue for the past 8 years?  Things like this just make my blood boil! Folks our freedoms and patriotism is being eroded daily!  Thank God for old glory in my hometown!

It is time for Americans to stand up for their rights and to defend and stand along side those whose rights are trampled!  A town in MN today; yours or mine tomorrow?  Please back your local officials and citizens when they stand up for freedom and patriotism!

That is my rant for today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment