The Family of Steve & Linda Wilson

North Texas, United States

Friday, July 4, 2014

Eleven Years Ago Today

July 4th changed forever in the minds of our family eleven years ago today when my precious mother left this life for her reunion with my dad. Losing her was especially hard as I had been her caretaker for 18 months after she had suffered a massive stroke. She worked hard to gain back as much as possible and she did remarkably well. But she was tired and ready to go on to her eternal home. We miss her very much. The highlight of her life was her great-grandchildren and they returned her love. This is a picture of her with the first two four years before her stroke. This is one of my favorite pictures because it shows her doing what she loved. Two of her favorite things were to see the Texas wildflowers in the Spring and to spend time with her great-grands. Here she is shown doing both. Our youngest granddaughter Samantha never met her great-grandma yet she feels she knows her. One day she said to me, "Grandma, I feel like I know Mam-Mam because Dustin and Steffinee have told me so much about her." What a great tribute to a great mam-mam.
Mam-Mam, Helen Sowders, with Dustin and Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment